Everyone has that one person in the neighborhood that no one knows anything about. Everyone speculates on researching private and public marriage records. They gossip about possible criminal records. They have that neighbor doing everything from being a poor ole’ shut-in to an insane axe murder with fifty women buried in the backyard.
Before Online Public Records Searches
In the past, that was all you could really do was speculate. If you really wanted to snoop, you had to hire a private detective. Then the private detective would call up people that knew the person. Go down to city hall and search through documents.
After hours of searching at city hall, the detective then would go to the police department to search through criminal records. The detective then would have to travel around to different cities to search for birth records, marriage records and so on.
The whole process would take days if not weeks and months to complete. Who would actually do this? It was more than time consuming. It was very expensive and you never really knew who people were.
Finding Public Records Now
Fortunately, this is not the case anymore. Now, you can search public records in the privacy of your own home in a matter of minutes. The results come back and no one knows you even looked it up.
What you need:
- Age (helps)
- City (helps to narrow down)
- State (helps to narrow down)
The more information you have on the person, the faster you can narrow it down to the correct person. Once you find the right person, it is only a matter of looking at the information.
Who Needs the Information?
- Parents with kids – Finding a sitter is hard work. References are good but they can always be faked. A simple background check lets you know your sitter doesn’t have a criminal history.
- Parents with teens – Let’s face it. We do not know all of our kids’ friends and their parents. A quick background check on the parents won’t hurt anyone.
- Singles – Dating is hard enough. Why waste your time on someone who is lying about being married? A quick background check lets you know who is married and who is not. It also tells you who is a criminal and who is not.
Protect yourself and your family by finding public marriage records, divorce records, background checks, and criminal background checks. If you have their name and access to the Internet, then you can do be your own private eye.