No one likes to think that their partner is cheating, but sometimes the signs of infidelity are so numerous they are like a slap in the face. On the other hand, you may not know what the signs are and you are wondering, “Is my partner cheating?”
The Cold Hard Facts of Cheating Spouses
Statistically 50% of men who suspect their wives of cheating are correct and 85% of women who suspect their husbands of cheating are correct. This does not mean that men cheat more than women do. It just means that by the time a woman suspects her husband, she is normally right.
When Do People Cheat?
Most affairs occur as they present themselves. They are crimes of opportunity. That is to say people do not go around looking for an affair as much as they sort of fall into an affair. It happens with people they work with, carpool, go on a business trip with and that sort of thing.
Of course, that does not make the affair any easier, and it certainly does not make the one being cheated on feel any better. As a spouse, you have no protection because you just have to hope your husband/wife will not have an affair.
Common Signs of an Affair
- Objects Appearing in the Home – Sometimes the person will purposely leave an object hoping to be caught. This way the affair will be revealed and the jig will be up.
- Weird Remarks - Friends and coworkers may drop hints by saying weird remarks to you. Pay attention to the remarks. They just may be giving you hints to the affair.
- Change of Clothes - Your Spouse coming home in a different set of clothes than he or she went to work in. Many times after an affair, the cheater will shower. Occasionally, they will change clothes as well.
- New Friends - When someone has an affair, he or she start hanging out with a new person. In turn, he or she hangs out with a new group of people. This means new friends. If your spouse suddenly has a new set of friends, then cheating may be the cause of the sudden popularity.
- Secret E-mail – When e-mails are deleted and computers are shut off; suspicions should hit a high note. Obviously, something is being hidden. The question is what are they trying to hide and why?
When signs of infidelity are suspected, action needs to be taken. Start taking action now. Check those phone records. Do background checks. See if he has got any secret property out there. You don’t need to hire a private eye. You can be your own private eye and check him out yourself.